Monday, May 7, 2007

When dreams come true...Brussels' story



As I like saying...Watch out what you wishes and for when do you wish your dream comes true!

5 months back, in the cold December, I visited one of the greatest cities in Europe and I wished I started a job there. Less than 5 months later, here I am - working for HR department in this city of beauty!

My first week is much nicer thanks to my great friend, Milena...the person who is making me realising the strange Capricorn's behaviour and the one who always knows how to cheer me up!

What I find shocking here:
1. Shops close very early - at 6pm it's already the end of the working day. The working week is 37 hours and people are quite relaxed. Definitely have to consider my working style, hope I don't get used to this "lazy" style!
2. Almost no taxis on the road - honestly, I miss the cheap yellow taxis in Plovdiv which were everywhere, at any time. Here, there are some just around the main places...
3. It's much possible that you don't find the best place to live as some people here offer great mysery at extremely high price. Anyway...I'll keep searching!

I won't get into details how I feel - generally ok, still adapting and settling down! I had some wonderful sunny days here, visited the EU commission and council during the Open doors day (Here you can see some pictures), had a great bar night on Saturday and a wonderful Bulgarian presentation on Sunday, a lot of meetings at work and generally...busy as always:)





Enjoy the pictures and will keep in touch!


Greetings

Ann...

Here you can see some pictures
BG Presentation in Brussels

No comments: