Sunday, June 3, 2007

Between Bonn, Brussels, London and Paris

3 June, 8:50 am. Just woke up and decided to write a short note.
After moving out for the third time, I still have one round more to go until I have my own place. I've realized it's high time I settle down as this moving in/out is too much of hazzle for me and it's on top of everything I have.

My life these days is all about my work. It turned out that I'm acting as HRD Manager (Human Resource Development) with having insufficient experience for that and being less paid than this position stands for. When I went to work on Tuesday, I really didn't expect it to be the hardest week but now I know that it can be worse. It's a lot of learning opportunities that I get, a lot of responsibilities and challenges. I remember BaLDS 2007 and the opening with Maxim Behar, Sneja Topuzanova and all the leaders. And I do remember what some of them have said - that most of the leaders have their leadership challenge at their early/mid 20s and at that time they formed as future leaders. Well, after having so many downs for the last 9 months and having all these responsibilities now, I do see it as my leadership challenge and I hope it turns out to make me really good in my job!
I've realized some things:
1. Hate my Outlook - can't stand checking and replying to the requests all the time;
2. Got addicted to work from home at nights and at the weekends;
3. Have to learn to say NO to the colleagues who on top of everything, delegate me their work;
4. Need to revise my Development plan;
5. DESPERATELY need a MENTOR - for the first time I don't know whom to ask for mentoring and 1st time I realize I need one

But life is not only trabajo, there's life after DHL...
So, as crazy as I am, I decided on top of the business trips I have, to go for a weekend in London and meet some friends there and to go and finally see Paris on my own. Moreover, I've signed for French course and oui, now I am starting with the most difficult language in Europe! But I plan to learn it and speak it. Thus, I'd be able to get a job more easily even in Canada or Africa:)

And I plan to start with the salsa again but don't know whether after filling my agenda with all these, I'll manage to take any rest! At least not until October, for sure!

Guys, once again, feel welcome to visit me in the EU capital. I do like Brussels and working here for this company but...nothing is forever! So come before I finish with my contract!

Take care and hope to hear from you!

Yours,
A.

2 comments:

Blizzrod said...

Hold on Toni, I am sure you can handle it. And don't worry, I am planning to go to Brussels so you and Milena start preparing...Berlin and Rome are on my schedule too but Belgium comes with a priority.
Boris
P.S. And don't hate your Outlook - hate IBM's Lotus/Domino ;)

Aero Vic said...

Hi Tony, it's nice to see you're developing and challenging yourself constantly!

I just want you to know that I'm always at your side and you can rely on me for support! I still perceive you as my mentor :) If you like you could send me your updated development plan ;)

Wish you good luck and greetings with sea aroma from Varna :)))

Viki :)